Welcome to the Kim Lab (Monogastric Nutrition & Digestive Physiology) at Department of Animal Science, North Carolina State University. We are working to facilitate animal production with nutrition and digestive physiology specialized in monogastric animals especially swine and poultry (70%). Our research also involves the use of animals as a model for human nutrition (30%).
Our research includes broad areas of nutrition but focused on (1) metabolism and nutrition of amino acid/protein/amino acid metabolites in pregnant and lactating animals and young animals, (2) oxidative and metabolic stresses during pregnancy and lactation, (3) developing alternative protein and energy sources for young animals, (4) Role of functional amino acids during gestation and lactation, etc.
- Dr. Sung Woo Kim, the PI, Professor and University Faculty Scholar (Resume/Publications/Homepage)
- Dr. Marcos Duarte, Postdoctoral Visiting Scientist
- Dr. Talita Almeida, Postdoctoral Visiting Scientist
- Debora Holanda, Ph.D. Candidate
- Ki-beom Jang, Ph.D. Candidate
- Vitor Moita, Ph.D. Candidate
- XXX XXX, Ph.D. Candidate
- Yi-Chi Cheng, Master Student
- Xiangyi Xu, Master Student
- Peiwen Sheng, Master Student
- Qing Niu, Ph.D. Candidate, Visiting Student
- Dr. Guiping Guan, Visiting Scientist
- Alumni & Past Members
- Publications updated!
- Current projects
- ANS230: Animal Nutrition (001, 601DE)
- ANS231: Animal Nutrition Lab (201, 202, 601DE)
- ANS590: Advanced Nonruminant Nutrition (AgIDEA)