Welcome to the Kim Lab (Monogastric Nutrition & Digestive Physiology) at Department of Animal Science, North Carolina State University. We are working to facilitate animal production with nutrition and digestive physiology specialized in monogastric animals especially swine and poultry (80%). Our research also involves the use of animals as a model for human nutrition (20%).
Our research includes broad areas of nutrition but focused on (1) intestinal health and nutritional strategies, (2) metabolism and nutrition of amino acid/protein/amino acid metabolites in pregnant and lactating animals and young animals, (3) oxidative and metabolic stresses during pregnancy and lactation, (4) developing alternative protein and energy sources for young animals, (5) Role of functional amino acids during gestation and lactation, etc.
- Dr. Sung Woo Kim, the PI, Professor and University Faculty Scholar (Resume/Publications/Homepage)
- Dr. Marcos Elias Duarte, Postdoctoral Research Associate
- Dr. Ki-beom Jang, Postdoctoral Research Associate
- Dr. Gabriel Rocha, Visiting Professor
- Vitor Hugo Moita, Ph.D. Candidate
- Yi-Chi Cheng, Ph.D. Candidate
- Jonathan Baker, Ph.D. Student
- Zixiao Deng, Ph.D. Student
- Hyunjun Choi, Ph.D. Student
- Alexandra Gormley, Ph.D. Student
- Alumni & Past Members
- Publications updated!
- Current projects
- ANS230: Animal Nutrition (001, 601DE)
- ANS231: Animal Nutrition Lab (201, 202, 601DE)
- ANS710: Advanced Swine Nutrition and Management
- ANS701: Protein and Amino Acid Metabolism